I did the same with locking the pattern and cannot get back onmy phone. I tried clicking on the recovery after holding down the off button and the volume but it has just come up with a red triangle with a red !. What can I do now? any idea's?
First of all, don't panic.
You might have erased some stuff, but don't worry. Since X is of the opinion that your phone is now completely bonked, I will need you to do something:
1. Take the battery out of the phone.
2. Put it back in.
3. While holding the volume down button, press the power button.
4. You'll be sent to the bootloader.
5. Write down everything that you see here and get back to me on this
6. Also include which carrier did you get the phone from
The reason for the above is so that I can (by guessing a little) find out which RUU to use
Also, if you're stuck in the screen with the Android having a triangle with an exclamation mark, just press the power button once. It should bring up a menu.
Also, if you'd PM with your email address (preferably gmail) I will try to walk you through the steps.