I've had my phone for like, 8 months now, and today I accidentally spilled broth on it. It had a plastic snap-on case, so I didn't think much liquid got into it.
I disassembled the phone, took out the battery, and tried to dry everything as best I could.
I tried to use a compressed air can, but it ran empty after a few seconds, so it wasn't much help.
My battery doesn't show any signs of moisture damage. (It has a small white sticker with red criss-crossed lines, but supposedly, they are supposed to be there - it is not a sign of water damage.)
I put everything back together and turned my phone back on. It works, but the notification light (to the right of the htc logo, at the top of the phone) was red and it would occasionally flicker. My phone has never shown a red light before.
Then, the phone would turn off after a couple of minutes, even though it works fine when it's on. I know it doesn't mean it needs a charge, because the low battery notification is an orange
light, and my battery icon showed that it was over 50% full.
Right now, I have my phone and battery sitting separately in a bag of rice, just to get the moisture I couldn't dry.
So, if it's not water damage, what's wrong with my phone??